• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear hatch

supsa

NAXJA Forum User
WTF I cant keep a hatch for more than 2 months. I just got done swapping all my crap from the old beat to sh!t to the new one and now I ripped my hatch off on bonus round. It looked like the TJ swing out style. The glass is still good. The hatch is still on the jeep but its held on by ratchet staps. Does anyone know of a good mod to keep this from happeding? I'm thinking of putting some kind of steal strip over the edges so that tree's wont get hung up on it. It didn'e take much. One edge. Oh well back to Gorges.

I did the same thing to my XJ, some kind of steal strip is the only way your going to keep it from getting ripped open by trees if you really wheel it hard. Though I just kept it closed using bungee cords, it was a little hard to open the rear hatch, but allot cheaper and less work.

FiFo said:
I did the same thing to my XJ, some kind of steal strip is the only way your going to keep it from getting ripped open by trees if you really wheel it hard. Though I just kept it closed using bungee cords, it was a little hard to open the rear hatch, but allot cheaper and less work.

sounds like what Matt had going in his jeep a while back

Keil

rooneypower said:
sounds like what Matt had going in his jeep a while back

Keil

Not sure how mat had his, but eventually I just cut the whole top off the XJ, no hatch no problem. :)

FiFo said:
Not sure how mat had his, but eventually I just cut the whole top off the XJ, no hatch no problem. :)

His latch was broken, I ended up fixing it for him, guess people from WWU are smarter then ones from UW. Is your cherobuggy totally done now?

-Alex

Ba-Riedo said:
His latch was broken, I ended up fixing it for him, guess people from WWU are smarter then ones from UW. Is your cherobuggy totally done now?

-Alex

Is it possible for a rig to ever be "done"?

It's got fender flares, and a roof now, along with a couple pieces of plexi I call a windshield. I'm buying a set of IROKs tomorrow to go with the bead locks I bought at the swap meet the other weekend. If I get the new tires on I’m planning a trip to Tahuya of all placed to test them out this Saturday. Though KarlVP and I are doing a little gardening in my yard this week, the kind that involved chain saws, tow straps, and tow vehicles, so I might not have the time to get them mounted.

I was contemplating seeing about joining the hypothermia run, but I’m having some surgery done that Thursday and am not sure I will be up to it.

FiFo said:

That what i'll do is weld some 3/16 strips and get my thor guards on:rolleyes:

supsa said:
That what i'll do is weld some 3/16 strips and get my thor guards on:rolleyes:

Well sure, if you want to fix it the "right" way, personally I like the "hillbilly" way, I'm thinking duct tape. :)

FiFo said:
Is it possible for a rig to ever be "done"?

It's got fender flares, and a roof now, along with a couple pieces of plexi I call a windshield. I'm buying a set of IROKs tomorrow to go with the bead locks I bought at the swap meet the other weekend. If I get the new tires on I’m planning a trip to Tahuya of all placed to test them out this Saturday. Though KarlVP and I are doing a little gardening in my yard this week, the kind that involved chain saws, tow straps, and tow vehicles, so I might not have the time to get them mounted.

I was contemplating seeing about joining the hypothermia run, but I’m having some surgery done that Thursday and am not sure I will be up to it.

Haha well no they are never done. How did you flares turn out? I havent seen them since Tom was just starting to weld sheetmetal to the tube. Gardening with tow straps is the only way to go.

-Alex

Ba-Riedo said:
Haha well no they are never done. How did you flares turn out? I havent seen them since Tom was just starting to weld sheetmetal to the tube. Gardening with tow straps is the only way to go.

-Alex

They work great, they just look a little silly with only the 33X10.5 tires. I borrowed KarlVPs 35x12.5 for awhile and it looked much better, not to mention his tires don't suck in the snow like my 33x10.5 do. hopefully I will be bringing home some 36x13.5 IROKs tomorrow, so the 33x10.5 will be a thing of the past.

Karl got to try out his new truck by pulling a pine tree out of the ground in my side yard. Good news, the tree gave up before his Chevy did. :)

FiFo said:
They work great, they just look a little silly with only the 33X10.5 tires. I borrowed KarlVPs 35x12.5 for awhile and it looked much better, not to mention his tires don't suck in the snow like my 33x10.5 do. hopefully I will be bringing home some 36x13.5 IROKs tomorrow, so the 33x10.5 will be a thing of the past.

Karl got to try out his new truck by pulling a pine tree out of the ground in my side yard. Good news, the tree gave up before his Chevy did. :)

Very nice, well thats too bad that you cant make it to the hypothermia run, I really wanna see your tube xj sorta jeep thingie again.

-Alex

boom_main.jpg

Some thing like this but with not so much bling

Do you call her that? Or is it a nickname?

Back