• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need some bolt measurments

matt25

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys im lookin for the measurments for the bolt that hold the flywheel to the torque converter. i'de find out myself but i dont have one of these bolts available to measure. if anyone knows what bolt it is that would be cool the applications is for a 94 xj with a 4.0 motor

That's one thing I most always use OEM bolts for. Either the crank to flex plate and/or the torque converter to flex plate. Either OEM or a company with a good name that specilizes in Jeep. I don't remember seeing the flex plate bolts in the Crown cataloge, but I may be wrong. To many knockoffs and inferior hardware out there to trust off the shelf, in this critical point, IMO.
They are an odd sized bolt, with a larger head for the shank size than a normal bolt. I'm quessing the (relatively) large head, adds support and helps with locking.
I've gotten into trouble before, reusing flex plate bolts a few to many times. I'm pretty carefull about what I stick in there.

Last edited:
They are M10-1.5x15m/m, as I recall. However, they are "place bolts," which have a special head design and use a somewhat different heat treat process than SAE Grade 8/ISO 12.9 to make them not so much "harder" as "tougher."

Use OEM, or get ARP bolts. I don't know if ARP has a part number that will work for us, but if you were referring to Flexplate bolts, there's a Pontiac kit that works well. Let me check...

OK - per ARP2005 (it's not a direct listing - sort of "cross-referencing...) I'd get ARP K/N 230-7305, which will give you six pcs M10-1.5x15m/m - a full set and two extras. This is a new part number for last year, just so you know... This kit is listed for THM200, THM700R4, 4L60, & 4L80 with six-screw metric converters...

5-90

i tryed to get them from a dealer but they say that they are cancelled any other place you know of that i can go to thanks for the measurements. i might go to a fastener place maybe they can get me the ones i need

Back