• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake problem and uhh door locks =P

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I had my vehicle inspected (in germany) and the guy failed it for the rear brakes having unequal pressure in the rear so naturally i adjusted my right side (the one that was weaker) and took it back. the guy failed it again... i know this guy is just being a #@#$@ because i watched the machine and it was a slight difference... so whats causing this? proportioning valve?

in the mean time im driving 2 hours away to get it inspected on a different army base =P

Problem#2.
not a really big problem but my electronic locks only work on the drivers side. but i know the motors work (maybe weak). but the locks are really stiff manually locking them. i have a XJ with manual locks and i know its not nearly as stiff. could the motors be getting old and stiff? or should i lube up all the locks? i woulda automaticly done the lube part but apparently germans dont believe in WD-40 =P

i know this is long sorry thanks for your time.

i cant seem to edit my post but theres no proportioning valve between the rears so wheel cylinder mayb?

Soaking in WD-40 is not enough. Use carb or brake cleaner with the door off and battery disconnected. Spray the mechanism not the solenoid, then use a good lithium grease. As far as your brakes I would check your adjusters and then shoe and drum. It may be time for a rear brake job.

wheel cylinder has prolly begun to stick on the weak side. I'd hone/replace both and bleed the old fluid out. Brake fluid will absord moisture (hygroscopic, IIRS) and the moisture will decay the iron cylinders.

door locks are fine wd-40 did the trick

now back to the brakes i made that 2 hour drive for an inspection and it turned up with the same result sadly. he said my e brake was stronger on one side then the other soo.... old e-brake cable? the brakes are adjusted
i dont want to spend to much money on my brakes because ive got a locked up d44 waiting for it back in america i just need it to get past these inspection guys

Last edited:
oh some info i left out its a 96 xj with 8.25 rear might be important =P

Back