• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wipers

randommuch2

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all my wipers don't want to work. Didn't notice till I brought the xj home from AZ this winter. Does anyone have wireing schematics or Ideas? 88 xj 4.0 pioneer. 12 v jumper to the motor makes the wipers work. Seem to have a simmilar problem with the Heater motor....?:huh:

check the mechanical ignition switch that is bolted to the column.

there should be a brown wire on its own butt connector, if i remember correctly that is the power for your wipers, heater motor and audio.

look for corrosion, warpage due to high heat and resistance. you have a chevy column so its going to be roughly ten bucks at most auto part stores.

pain in the ass you get to though. remove the lower most dash piece with the cig' compartment and where the 2 stock tweeters go. then 4 bolts, two bolts on the firewall at the base of the column (might need to pull back carpet) and two more farther up the column where it meets the dash.

the column then can drop into you seat and you will see the ignition switch and the 3 connectors going to it.

Back