• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

t case swap 231 for a 207 will it work?

The auto should be the Chrysler T-904, and if memory serves rightly, no the 231 will not fit, as the Torqueflites were all 23 spline outputs.

As long as you match the length of the input on the 231, you should fine.

It is not just the output shaft length that you have to check. You also have to check how far out of the face of the transfercse the input shaft extends, as it has to fit into the adapter housing on the back of the tranny the correct amount, or you could end up with problems such as not enough spline engagement, the seal in the tranny adapter not being able to fit correctly on the T-case input shaft and thus leaking, or possibly having to much stick-out, and the T-case not being able to tighten flush to the tranny.

gotcha . thanks for the input ren. im really surprised no one else has replied. i figured somebody around has done this swap or attempted it before so i could get a definite answer. i wonder if any other cases will bolt up?

Your welcome for the input. As for if other cases will bolt up, the early Dakota and the YJ used the Chrsler tranny, so there should be a source for cases, if nothing else. I have another thought for you as a research suggestion: try Google and look up the New Process 'cases. You might find the info needed to confirm or deny the swap.

Back