• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.25 backspacing question

Boulder_jeeps said:
Im pretty sure that 15x10 rims with a 3.25 backspacing will clear my 33x12.5s under the xj... right?
Theres no way to tell without knowing how much lift you have, how much fender trimming you've done, and if you plan to wheel it (we usually make that assumption that you will but when some people ask "will it fit?" they mean fitting a wheel and tire for street use only which is different than trail use with room for maximum articulation)

I like that amount of backspace (I'm running 3") but I prefer a 15x8 wheel over the 10" wide because it holds the bead better when aired down.

Eric I have a 6 inch lift. I have not started any fender trinmming projects yet. In the future, I want to do that quarter pannel folding trick and add the rear tj flares all around. I wheel but not to often its not a daily driver if your wondering. Do you have a pic of your jeep with the 3 inch BS?

Here's some recent pics that show how much my tires stick out with 3" BS. And if you are wondering, this is on 6.5" actual lift, 35x12.50 tires on 15x8's and lots of fender trimming.

corner06.jpg

corner08.jpg

I'm running 3.25 with 33X12.50 MTR's. They don't "RUB", they have only "touched" one spot on the inner fender enough to remove the paint. I run a 8.8 rear and the TJ flairs cover them just enough. The fronts hang out 2.5 inches or so due to the front narrowing down. (rear TJ flares on the front also)

Back