• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock air dam?

PurpleCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where to get an air dam besides the dealership? I don't really feel like payin $56 for it from the dealer. Mine got ripped off on some rocks back when my jeep was bigger than it is now...

PurpleCherokee said:
Does anyone know where to get an air dam besides the dealership? I don't really feel like payin $56 for it from the dealer. Mine got ripped off on some rocks back when my jeep was bigger than it is now...

EBAY?????

By the time you add shipping, all the internet sources (including e-bay) are as much or more than what I can get it for from the dealer ~$60...

Just leave it off. The XJ looks better without it. It's not like it's going to improve the aerodynamics or anything.....
:D

Thanks, and I'm not just leavin it off... it's my dd. Not to mention you'd have to trim the bottom of the bumper end caps to make it look decent.

PurpleCherokee said:
Thanks, and I'm not just leavin it off... it's my dd. Not to mention you'd have to trim the bottom of the bumper end caps to make it look decent.
I ripped one of mine off getting in to the special "Jeep" spot in a parking lot.
Get a Dremmel and trim the end caps right below the moulded in end cap support and bend the metal up. Looks fine and you'll never miss it.

most of the cherokees I see with air dams have rainbow stickers on the back, whats with that???

I really hope you didn't mean that. Cause if you did, you're a 100% grade-A douchebag. What part of DAILY DRIVER don't you understand??? Just cause I don't have 1-ton axles w/44's and 18" of lift doesn't mean it's not a "real jeep"...

no man j/k. Mine was on for more than a year before it got "pulled off".just makin joke

Lol good. Cause I agree about it bein useless on somethin that sees pretty moderate trails but it seems like some people didn't catch the DD part of my previous posts. I'm shootin for MPG's, not RTI points :D

I think and just my .02 that instead of spending the money on an air dam. (that can still get ripped off on DD's) get a skid plate and paint it up. And throw it on there it would still look good and actually offer some protection.

Good grief you guys and your trail rigs... lol :looney: First of all, I don't know how on earth you could rip one off on a DD, unless you're doin somethin just plain stupid. Or at least I never did. And a skid plate is good for nothing more than more weight to drag around and weight = >MPG's if you're never gunna use it, which is exactly the case with me :roll:

You never pulled in just a lil too far and hit the curb or traveled in snow. Skid plate will keep rocks from hitting your engine. My wife has already cracked the air dam on my 2006 jeep commander. need to rip it off. anyway, it was just a thought.

On my DD I like it on, I think it cleans up the front end. It does nothing for the aerodynamics of the "brick" though!

I don't/haven't/will not run one on my trail rigs.

DD=YES
newpaint1us6.jpg

Trail Rigs=NO!
spacers2ye4.jpg

oldblueub2.jpg

Last edited:
Back