• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dont drop your RTT...pics

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
My B-Day is this week and i have been dying to get the chance to spend the night in my new to me RTT. It looks like next weekend i may have a break in the weather so i thought i'd install it.

A buddy and i went to install it yesterday, as we were lifting it and turning he twisted his wrist and dropped it.

I'm hoping i can fix this, or perhaps Mike S from AutohomeUSA can get me the part i need. Anyway, be carefull with your RTT.

RTTdamage004.jpg

RTTdamage003.jpg

RTTdamage002.jpg

I took some pliers to it for just a second and realized it's just a tad too thick to fix that way. Looks like i'll need to remove it and try some hammer and dolly type work to straighten it out.

I'll also need to drill a few holes as i tore the end wood screw out of the base when it bent up. Just sux it had to happen now.

You don't want to do this either

karstic said:
You don't want to do this either

Yeah, you definately dont want to do that too often. :(

Looks like his awning and mount took a beating. Been seeing a few AT's on their side as of late, guess it's bound to happpen since they are getting pretty popular.

Has me thinking i dont want a lock-n-roll type receiver when i get my trailer going. Perhaps a pintle would be better.

Mike at AutoHomeUSA who imports these tents did not have a spare hinge for me in stock, i would have had to wait till he had a container come in from Italy.

So, he contacted Martyn at Adventure Trailers and he had a spare. It's on it's way to me.... for the price of shipping.

I cant thank Martyn and Mike enough, if your in the market for a RTT or backcountry trailer these guys deliver a quality product and know how to exceed expected customer service!

http://www.autohomeus.com/

http://www.adventuretrailers.com/

IllianaXJ said:
Good to hear. They seem like great guys over at ExPo, I just wish I could swing the cash for an AT!

Or you could just cut a truck in half and make a trailer out of it... all of the cool kids are doing that these days...:D

Prepmech said:
Or you could just cut a truck in half and make a trailer out of it... all of the cool kids are doing that these days...:D

Indeed they are! :wave1:

Any updates to yours? Havent touched mine.

OverlandXJ said:
Indeed they are! :wave1:

Any updates to yours? Havent touched mine.

Trying to fix a broken axle shaft and detroit locker in my jeep so I can get it out of the garage and pull the trailer in to start on body work. I've got all of the parts I need to finish it now (bushwackers, tail lights, wiring, etc...), just need to put it all together. Taking a spring out of the pack to lower it is going to be the first thing to take care of.

Prepmech said:
Taking a spring out of the pack to lower it is going to be the first thing to take care of.

I think thats a smart move. Should make it more user friendly.

Have you thought about doing a trailer build thread here? I'm sure others would enjoy it who havent seen it.

Received my replacement RTT part today from Martyn at AT. He and MikeS hooked me up nicely.

OverlandXJ said:
I think thats a smart move. Should make it more user friendly.

Have you thought about doing a trailer build thread here? I'm sure others would enjoy it who havent seen it.

Received my replacement RTT part today from Martyn at AT. He and MikeS hooked me up nicely.

Yeah, I've been meaning to do a build thread on here, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'll try to get it done soon so I can quit hi-jacking your thread. :D

The one sent by Martyn at Adventure Trailers got damaged in shipping, nice kink in the middle. I decided to repair mine.

Here it is straightened, it's now installed and ready to be used.

RTTfix001.jpg

Back