• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

swapped in d44 and need an abs light fix for inspection

slcpunk74

NAXJA Forum User
I have never liked abs so when I bought my 97 xj and found out the abs was acting up I simply pulled out the fuses for it. Well this made my brakes work good and put me in control of my braking instead of a computer. However after the install my abs light has come on and now that I swapped in a d44 rear I can't just put my fuses back in. So now I either need to pull my abs light from my dash or find a wire to snip or something to rewire to fool the abs into thinking all is well. I would rather not pull the dash apart because I don't know how but any input would be good thanks. Chadwick

Your ABS has a curcuit that runs through the main computer I believe. Your only real way is to remove the bulb, sorry. The dash is not that hard if you go slow and be patient.
Angus

Any good links showing how to remove the dash to access the lights? Thanks man

i just got done pulling mine completely apart about 20 minutes ago..i have a 97 and its really easy..pop the center console off, take off four screws holding on the drivers side dash piece, then pop the dash pad off..there are truly only four phillips head screws holding that dash setup together.

Sweet well I'm about 400 miles from my xj but when I get back to Utah tonight I will give it a try and maybe look at putting some leds in the gauges too thanks guys

Yea, its something like that. The last time I pulled the dash was for the AC condensor. You get the top of the dash off in like you want in 20 minutes. The remainder of the dashboard is two hours, not fun but quite a common problem on 97 and newer.
Angus

Just pull out the ABS relays from the PDC under the hood. ABS is now non-functional and the ABS lamp will stay dark

Wich relays are for the abs? How do I get the damn headlight knob off or get the dash around it?

My question still stands for the headlight knob but I just found the abs relay titles abs light thanks man

Back