• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hack and Tap question

Omniboy

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched and searched but I'm still not coming up with the part number I'm looking for. The only part number I can find is for spicer part # 211229X. That is not the flange I'm looking for though. Im looking for the part number for this flange
SYE11.jpg

I have a 2001 cherokee with a 8.25 and 231 tc I'm going to use my front shaft for the rear shaft. Since the 96+ t-cases are sealed I don't need the buy the hack and tap kit I just need the flange like what is in the picture. Then just cut the tc shaft down, drill and tap, then bolt on the flange and bolt on the drive shaft.

Ray H said:
doesnt GoJeeps' site have the part number somewhere?
I assumed you had been to GoJeeps' site because thats where the pic came from. Read down his writeup and you will find the part # you are lokking for.http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoSYEconversion.htm

He does have a write up on it, I belive the yoke is from early vettes and T-birds. I found a couple online ane they ended up being $100+ and you still have to buy the flange if you have an older NP231. I think it's a strength issue though, you are reducing the rotating mass when you go this route. Ultimately it boils down to how much $$$ you want to spend.

RE and TW both have the flange. Don't know part number but they have got them for sale seperately.

I got mine from driveshaftsuperstore.com

I has to trim off the shaft slightly, and drill and tap a 3/8 hole. It works great. I used it for the 3" lift, and now with the 5" springs. It came with a bolt and instructions.

Neal

I used the driveshaftsuperstore one.

It was a 5/16-24 bolt in mine, and it had no instructions. Mine also did not require cutting off any of the shaft, but i chose to cut off some of the shaft and the splines part of the yoke to make it shorter.

Thanks for all the replies. I think that the 3103-27cv is the part number I was looking for. Ever since my 4.5 lift got put on I replaced my u-joints after 3,000 miles. It just went out again Thursday night on the way back from the David Allan Coe concert. My old jeep had the dana 35 in it with 4.5 inches of lift with the transfer case lowered and I never had any problems. That 8.25 must be a little longer than I thought.

Install the hack & Tap, Pick up a Late model XJ front driveshaft (from the Junkyard), shim the rear axle 3 Degrees & Lose the crappy T/C lowering kit.
You will stop eating up U-joints & Your vibes should disappear!

Back