• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good lift kits

windle

NAXJA Forum User
ok i bought a 96 cherokee (plane jane) it is completely stock and am lookin for a 4.5" low bughet lift with quality

any sugestions
thanks

I've had a 4.5" Rough Country since Oct 2007. The add a leaf makes noise but other than that no problem. I wanted to replace the entire leaf spring but that was an additional $200+

I have pictures at http://muckleroy.com

It's hard to get quality and low price in a lift kit at the same time. Pick one or the other and commit to it.

For a good low price, check out rough country.. I have the 6.5 lift on mine..The ride is ruff when you first install it, then it rides better with age.. Now if money is not a problem, then R E is the way to go.... I didn't want to spend that much money on my lift... What i saved let me buy my tires an rims....

Sure, buy a cheaper lift and save some money now, but then what (be sorry later)? Better to do just that, save some money now and buy a quality lift kit like a Rubicon Express lift kit (you will not be sorry).

DUDE, at 50 years old i don't think you can tell me any thing...Sorry don't want to sound rude BUT, this RE or nothing is just BS.... Every body has there way of thinking, but he said LOW budget and quality .... RIGHT? So now is RE low budget? I think not...I ran the R C lift way before i got into jeeps... Like i said, not trying to sound rude... Do a search on lifts, IE RC and RE...

You generally get what you pay for. If you're OK with a fair-to middling riding kit, go with one of the higher recommended lower priced ones. You can't go wrong with RE or one of the higher priced kits, if you budget the money for it. I'd rather spend the cash up front and have a quality kit that lasts for years than try to save money and be unhappy with the performance. No one kit is "right" for everyone, do your research and buy the best lift you can afford.

I did my research and went with what's in my sig, spending the money up front, and am very happy with it.

scottmcneal said:
DUDE, at 50 years old i don't think you can tell me any thing...Sorry don't want to sound rude BUT, this RE or nothing is just BS.... Every body has there way of thinking, but he said LOW budget and quality .... RIGHT? So now is RE low budget? I think not...I ran the R C lift way before i got into jeeps... Like i said, not trying to sound rude... Do a search on lifts, IE RC and RE...

If you do not want to sound rude, then don't. Being rude and then stating you don't mean to sound rude, only shows that in 50 years you still have not learned how to behave civilly and have a simple discussion without letting your emotions run ahead of your better judgment of things.

Since you were not the originator of this thread, it is obvious I was not addressing you, but Windle. You assumed you were being attacked in some way because my post came after yours. My comment was merely meant to give Windle another option; that of saving his money now and buying something of quality “LIKE” a RE lift kit. Sometimes it is better to wait and spend more for quality, then rush in and go a cheaper now, and that was my point.

After the rush of having it now wears off, often times a person wishes they had waited and purchased something else. I’m sure many of us have done this at one time or another. It was my intent to pass this wisdom on to Windle, and it was not my intent to debate the matter with you, or anyone else.

Good day.

Trail-Axe said:
After the rush of having it now wears off, often times a person wishes they had waited and purchased something else. I’m sure many of us have done this at one time or another.
Good day.

I know I've done this in the past, and make every effort to not repeat that particular mistake. "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right" Do what's right for you, it may be different than what's right for someone else.

Back