• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop brackets, UCAs, or rocker protection?

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
First, the specs: DPG/RE 4" lift. I changed the front springs for 4.5" RE coils that I already had. Added 1.5" spacer with 1.5" shackle. LCAs are RE non-adjustable. Spacers and shackles may be coming out to drop me back to 4.5/4" f/r. I'm at an impasse. I'm not sure if I used that word correctly but I've sold the 3.5" coils that come with the kit, RE discos will be sold soon, plus two pair of spacers and I have enough to buy one of the items listed above. I'm looking at RC drop brackets which would be about $150+shipping, RC adjustable UCAs for about the same, or AJ's basic 1/8" rocker guards for $155+shipping. I'm leaning towards rockers since I ran the 4.5" coils with stock control arms for a while with plenty of flex and now I have the RE lowers that have helped the angle some. Its actually better angles now at 6" front than the stockers were at 4.5". I already have some dents in my rocker panels and as this my DD and occasionally my wife likes to ride in the Jeep, I'm thinking its important to ensure that my doors will continue to open. If anyone has any other ideas or connections to get any of the parts cheaper or better quality for as close to $140 as possilble, post those up also.

EDIT: Forgot to put a space between the : and the D in DPG and ended up with :DPG....

Last edited:
If you wheel a ton and drive on the street a little, I'd do rockers first.

If you wheel a little and drive on the street a ton, do drop brackets first.

Its my DD, but I'm not hugely concerned with the ride quality as I've never owned anything that rode nice...:) I'd mainly be worried about if they might cause excess wear or whatnot.

You arent concerned with the ride quality because you don't yet know better. :)

I'd do the drop brackets, and do rocker protection in a couple months when you save up some more cash. Drop brackets are the single best purchase when going from a "baby jeep" to a "jeep". ;)

Plus your fooling yourself about the angles,they had to get much worse.The brand or shape of an arm has nothing to do with the angles!

RCP Phx said:
Plus your fooling yourself about the angles,they had to get much worse.The brand or shape of an arm has nothing to do with the angles!
Sorry, I said angles but meant clearance...the stock arms were hitting the coil seat, now they got some room...:)

BlackSport96 said:
Sorry, I said angles but meant clearance...the stock arms were hitting the coil seat, now they got some room...:)

You'll get more clearence with the DB's

I'd go w/ the drop brackets. I loved the ride after mine

I would say dropbrackets. I think the rc ones come out about the same but come with the brace. Not knowing anything but looking at them I wouldnt run the DB's without the brace. I would also look for some one local to build a set of sliders, rocker gaurds help but really only extend the amount of time you can still open your doors.
My opinion, Jeremy

Rocker protection if you want your doors to still function, if you have any skils just cut em out and use some box tubing, cheaper more stout and more clearance.

Back