• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Spark

wingnutooa

NAXJA Forum User
i told my cousin i'd post this on here.

he's got a renix wagoneer (89) and the past couple days it hasnt been wanting to start.

but it would finally go.

well yesterday it wouldnt go at all and after messing around with some things found that it had no spark.

he replaced the coil and the distributor cap to no avail.

the rotor wasnt in stock but i highly doubt that he wouldnt get atleast a LITTLE spark out of it.

would the CPS or the cam sensor affect spark?

anything else?

CPS is the most likely. But before you replace it check the wiring real good, the CPS lead has a bad habit of flopping over on the exhaust manifold, the lead can also rub through on top of the bell housing. If the connectors between the CPS and ECU get too corroded it can weaken the signal.
The Cam position sensor has nothing to do with the spark on a Renix and in my experience little to do with anything (I forgot and left mine unplugged once for months, ran just fine). Though a short in the Cam position sensor would likely have some dire affects.

Last edited:
Yep that is exactly what happened to my Cherokee. The exhaust melted the wires. I also had a problem with my Ignition module, the electronic piece that the coil bolts onto..

Back