• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blower motor housing pic needed

Hoss in IL

NAXJA Forum User
Will someone please post a picture of where the blower motor housing is on a 98? I searched and found a thread about having to remove the washer fluid bottle to get at some of the bolts but that was on a 96. Is it the same as a 98?

Thanks a lot, Hoss

Sorry, I can't find the manual either. I think my wife put it somewhere "safe" so it wouldn't get misplaced.

If you can get a pic, I would greatly appreciate it. Maybe I'll go over to auto zone at lunch time and look through thier books.

Thanks again, Hoss

The blower motor is on the passenger side firewall under the hood. It says in FSM it is accessable under hood without without removing A/C heater housing. I looked at my 2000 & all the A/C lines are in the way. I believe 98 & 2000 are simmular. If your blower is not working check the blower motor relay & resistor under the passenger side of dash first. It's easier to get to & they go bad also. My resistor burned one of the resistor wires off inside the blower box. If blower motor has to be replaced & you have A/C, the system has to be drained & A/C accumulator has to be disconnected & moved to get at blower motor.

Last edited:
Thanks alfman-I've just got a terrible chirping noise when the blower is on low speed, the blower still works though. Man I need to get a FSM. I've found a place to get them for $98.

Take care, Hoss

Back