• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Spring bracket

On the back brackets and the rear leaf springs, what does the top bolt screw into? Because i noticed the metal thingy that the that the bolt goes threw after going threw the spring brackets. I am planing on changing out the brackets but dont know if theres a nut on the inside of the metal thing, or does it just thread into it? thanks

-96JeepSpeed- said:
On the back brackets and the rear leaf springs, what does the top bolt screw into? Because i noticed the metal thingy that the that the bolt goes threw after going threw the spring brackets. I am planing on changing out the brackets but dont know if theres a nut on the inside of the metal thing, or does it just thread into it? thanks

Are you talking about the Shackles? http://www.dc4wd.com/images/tomken/SHACKLES-REAR-1_EXT-XJ.jpg

The nut is fixed in place. I think it is attached to a metal bar. I just changed my shackles 2 days ago on my 91 XJ. I needed to use a breaker bar and a helper .

Back