• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grant Steering Wheel, good?

arupton

NAXJA Forum User
anyone ever ordered a grant steering wheel off of rocky-road? if so, was it a good purchase? is the install easy? (88xj)

it seems like the cheapest grant wheel (with install kit included) i could find.

Yes the install is pretty straight foward. For prices check your local parts stores. Those are the same ones I have at work(O'Reilly auto parts) are cheaper then at Rockys'.

I bought one for my 85 Cadillac (no airbag) to use as a temporary wheel while I had the original repaired and restored. I like it a lot. The installation was pretty straightforward, but it was a long process. Basicaly it was 50 easy things that all had to be done in precise sequence. It should be easier on the Jeep because they don't have telescoping wheels (that was the big problem on my Cadillac).

installing a grant wheel on my 90.... i was stumped by the horn mechanism....
the install kit didnt seem to be right... ie the instructions didnt match...
but, i cant remember why it didnt work... only that i couldnt figure it out....
it didnt make any sense at all....
so be warned, you may loose your horn.

otherwise, love it, got a challenger series, its kinda smaller, it throws you off at first, but i learned to love it

i think i remember summit racing as having a shitton of variety of wheels from grant

Back