• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock time...

XJsurf

NAXJA Forum User
Well starting to think about what I'm going to replace on the Jeep while I'm on deployment. Don't really know if this is the right forum, but here we go. Friend of mine mention he has a hook up with Bilstein. So I'm already decided to head that way. Why not save a couple of bucks. So inputs from anybody currently running them, or had them. What size should I or can I run. Jeep is sitting at about 5' to 5.5" lift.

Yo', have your buddy hook me up too! =) Actually, Bilsteins didn't do it for me on the road (too much body roll on cornering)....now that the junk is primarily trail use and no longer a daily driver, I'm thinking I'll give them another shot though...it's that or Fox's....bah, I need a winning lottery ticket already!

I love my Bilstein 7100s. for 5 to 5.5, the real and true answer is to flex out your xj and measure for the correct size and length. But if you are too lazy to do that, you can go with 10" SBs in the front unless you relocate your lower shock mounts for the 12" SBs. For the back, do you still have stock shock mounting locations? or are they raised?

Is this a local vendor for the Bilsteins? I would love a set of those, but justifying the replacement of parts that are nearly new is very difficult for me to do...

The 7100 12sb would be perfect I run the 14sb with the front lower mount on the controlarm bolt with a 255/100 valving and in the rear a 12sb with the same valving. works great. just make sure they build them with the 15mm lower heim. they alos have a long and short heim. go with the short if your running stock lower mount locations and make sure to use good bumpstops.

who you with and where you at?

XJsurf said:
Well starting to think about what I'm going to replace on the Jeep while I'm on deployment. Don't really know if this is the right forum, but here we go. Friend of mine mention he has a hook up with Bilstein. So I'm already decided to head that way. Why not save a couple of bucks. So inputs from anybody currently running them, or had them. What size should I or can I run. Jeep is sitting at about 5' to 5.5" lift.

He be a fellow squid

I run the 12" 7100 short bodies on mine with the 275/78 or whatever the stiffer valving is, and I love it... Im at ~5" of lift...

LOL...squid...

Back