• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best leaf springs.

:doh: don't ask why. well I say there're a good replacement. but only for like a minor lift. But if looking for more lift I'd say RE, but they are a little stiff but I l.ike that. What are you looking for as far as lift and comfort wise?

I was going to use their heavy duty springs with my 1.25 shackles and mini blocks for 5" of lift. I hear and read posts that now that the are not made in australia that quality has gone down and they are sagging.

Probably Deaver and National would be the absolute best, but pricey. However, they can custom build the pack to match whatever height, ride, etc you need. DPG has started making springs now too, check him out at www.dpgoffroad.com He's got some 5" lift springs for a decent price.
EDIT: After reading your last post, the DPG leafs might be about perfect for you. They're 5" already so no need for blocks which can accelerate wear on the leafs due to increased axle wrap, or extended shackles that some say cause extra leverage and premature sagging. I don't know bout that one myself, but I've been running extended shackles for a while now, but its been on stock leafs. OME is usually fairly expensive, so you may even be able to get the DPG springs for around the same price you were lookin at for the OMEs plus blocks and shackles.

Last edited:
i'm curious as to what bad things you've heard b/c i've had my OME leafs/coils for 4 years now (3") with no problems and i have used the XJ off-road quite a bit. in fact i chose OME b/c of all the good reviews even tho they run a bit more $$ than most others. my buddy has also run them for 3 years. you're the first person i have ever heard mention anything negative about OME. i'm not saying you are wrong, i'm just surprised, and, like i say, my experience has been very good.

i would ask if you have heard bad things from folks who have actually owned them, or was it "i heard about this guy...." stories. just curious. btw i do not work for OME or sell them, just adding my personal experience to help in your decision.

edit - just read your new post. didn't know they had changed manufacturing location. hmmm, since mine are much older maybe i just got lucky. that's too bad if they have lost the quality they had. cheers.

Last edited:
killer98xjsport said:
There's a post in the modified fourm and people that I have been on the trail with.

thank you. well i guess when mine do wear out i'll have to research something else. bummer, more work :)

Back