• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Paint

Onetype

NAXJA Forum User
My tnt kit just came in the other day. As far as the paint goes what do ya'll recommend? Powdercoat, or just rattle can? And will the rattle can hold up? Also can you even powdercoat it because of the joints/bushings?

Rustoleum Hammered Finish in rattle cans seems to be working really well on my XJ, I used it to paint my bumpers, rock rails, skidplates, etc. It holds up really well compared to standard spray paint and it's easy to touch up when it gets scraped off.

Cool thanks gonna run up to the store and check that stuff out. For anyone who is interested, the tnt is replacing rustys 6.5 short arm if anyone wants this stuff it will cost you shipping price for the springs/shocks/control/arms/trac bar.

Daedalus454 said:
Rustoleum Hammered Finish in rattle cans seems to be working really well on my XJ, I used it to paint my bumpers, rock rails, skidplates, etc. It holds up really well compared to standard spray paint and it's easy to touch up when it gets scraped off.

x2 that stuff is awesome.

On something this beefy I would just stick to rattle can. On sheetmetal and anything thin/prone to rust I try and use quality paint. Whether it be line-x or sprayed. The thin metal is what rusts much faster. I think 1/4" wall tubing would take the life of the car to rust out...

Thanks for the heads up that stuff is pretty good. I thought about getting my paint guy to do it but after buying the kit my tax return was just about gone. Also Loke got dibbs on the rustys stuff b/c hes local and I dont have to ship.

Back