• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trimmed fenders

waserwolf

NAXJA Forum User
all you guys with trimmed fenders, did your paint job pay the price for not having any more flares or did you install a smaller flare, if so what did you use?

are you asking, by not running flares are our tires throwing junk up and damaging the paint? if so, then no i haven't had that problem and i run 33 X 12.50 X 15's with 3.75 backspacing so my wheels stick out pretty good. most people on here relocate their flares or put wrangler flares on or go with bushwhackers. bushwhackers tend to break easily so maybe running some cheap flares like Rusty's or something might be the way to go or just run flareless.

I trimmed up and put TJ flares on(all rears by the way)

If you are worried about the paint you can tape off the area near the cut and add a little piece of black trim on the finished edge. Cut them back untill your tire won't interfere with them and you should be good. My tires stick out about 4" on either side because of my dana 44 and my 33x12.50s and I don't have any problems.

bandit455 said:
now what about any legal issues?

how stringent are the cops on u flareless guys?

in PA, it wont pass inspection if the tire tread sticks out past the body.

also gives the cops in PA a reason to pull you over.

I detroyed my Bushwackers last weekend bowling with a portapotty :rof: S.o.b folded up and tore the left side up. Otherwise they've taken a beaten.

My paint job suffered terribly after I trimmed my fenders & ditched the flares.

This may have something to do with the terrain I was running after I put the large tires on that required said trimming and flare removal.

Damn boulders.

Del00XJ said:
I detroyed my Bushwackers last weekend bowling with a portapotty :rof: S.o.b folded up and tore the left side up. Otherwise they've taken a beaten.

was it your portapotty?

Back