• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

frame flez or what?

kidcuisine

NAXJA Forum User
ok guys, question about takin the doors off. i know, there's like a thousand posts on how to do it, i know how, but my question has to do with something else. i've read 100 different things from 100 different people/sites/forums. so here goes...some people say it is bad to take the doors off, it's part of the uni-body and helps support the frame. that doesnt make sense tho. if it is part of the frame, how come when you flex it out really bad the frame doesnt keep the doors from opening? like pinch them in the door frame? also, how come you see more people running trails with no doors than you do with doors? am i getting smoke blown up my ass or what? help me out ya'll...is it bad to run without doors or not? if so can i brace the frame to compensate?

taco_large.png

I run mine doorless and have no problems with it. It's kind of a hit and miss some people can run it doorless without any problems and others will not be able to get them back on after the first time. With the doors off it would take alot of flex to twist the body enough to prevent them from going back on and closing, however if you have the doors off and the rear hatch as well then it will twist extremely easy without either frame stiffeners and or an internal cage. And needless to say without the doors in an accident or rollover it will be bad, even with a roll cage if you get in an accident there's not much you can do but it will help tremendously if you lay it over on the trail.

kidcuisine said:
am i getting smoke blown up my ass or what?

if so can i brace the frame to compensate?

Yep.

You need to reinforce the frame anyway, doors don't make a difference. Search out frame reinforcement and frame cracking and you'll find lots of info.

Back