• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HID headlights

yes and yes you need conversion headlights like hella and the hids i got were like 80.00 shipped cheap conversion headlights have crappy reflectors

yeah i got a HID conversion from Kragen's that was supossed to fit... needless to say they dont.

The only legal HID conversion for XJ's was discontinued a few years ago :(. Occationally you can still find this kit (Sylvania 6054 HID), however they are extremely rare. The kit was good, but the beam design was terrible. I converted two XJ's with these kits, so I have a fair degree of practical experience :bawl:. While legal, I wouldn't recommend this kit unless you also run some kind of supporting legal driving/fog kit as well. A combination produces fair to good results.

Certainly tons of other options exist (as a few have already been mentioned). Just be aware they may not pass your DOT and/or the beam angle may be incorrect due to the len housing used :tear:.

xj4fun said:
The only legal HID conversion for XJ's was discontinued a few years ago :(. Occationally you can still find this kit (Sylvania 6054 HID), however they are extremely rare. The kit was good, but the beam design was terrible. I converted two XJ's with these kits, so I have a fair degree of practical experience :bawl:.

Were these both first gen kits? The hotspots in the beam patterns were fixed in the second generation. But the following from the first gen so bad, no one wanted to risk a grand for a POS light kit. So they pulled the plug. I have the first gen lights on my rig. The hotspots aren't that bad. Annoying, but I'm already used to it. And yeah, rare as gold shit. I've never seen a second gen for sale. And only know two people on NAXJA, including myself, that have the kit on their rig.

Back