• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do research for me-

My Buddy had a set in his CJ-7. He had to make "cross members" for the WRX seat then he bolted the stock CJ-7 rails to them and bolted it all back in. It was easy enough.

In the mid eighties Honda "SI" models were supposed to have Recaro built seats. I don't know the validity of that but the seats in my CRX were damn comfy and were bolsterd (sp?) to the max.

I think they were Recaro "desinged" or something. Late 80's - early 90's VW gti's and gli's both had AWESOME recaros.. I have one in my rig

cherotron said:
I think they were Recaro "desinged" or something. Late 80's - early 90's VW gti's and gli's both had AWESOME recaros.. I have one in my rig
Didn't Shitrockets also have the same Recaros? They're okay, but not as good as VW geeks claim. :D

FWIW, the regular WRX seats are better than the STi buckets, IMHO. Damn nice seat, and a helluva lot better than the stock worn out XJ Sport seats.

-----Matt-----

Negative. Shitrockets didn't have 'em.. Early gti's (83-84) had recaro designed units as well.

VW geek? yes.. but I've moved up to Benzos now.. AMG ftw.

:guitar:

cherotron said:
VW geek? yes.. but I've moved up to Benzos now.. AMG ftw.
A friend of mine just bought a beautiful 190 2.3-16 that I got to drive the other day. Very cool car, but I'll take an E30 M3 all day long and twice on Sunday...actually, that goes for almost any BMW vs. M-BZ comparison.

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
But it handles like crap. Driven a couple, and in my opinion, the C43 is the way to go. At least it sounds cool.

-----Matt-----

You're high! the c43 will barely outrun the c36 on the highway. As far as handling?.. bone stock, it's a bit soft. Thats why I have a set of KW Variant-2 coilover's in route. Should be here tomorrow. I love the sound of a German inline six..

I think swapping from your XJ seats to harder WRX seats is a downgrade in a offroad Jeep unless it is purely for looks. The Jeep seats are way more comfortable than the WRX seats and the Jeep is not a car, it is a offroad vehical. After driving my girlfriends Subi 2.5i or ridding in my friends WRX my XJ feels so much more comfortable.

I was looking at some used WRX TR seats yesterday, they looked like they would almost belong in a Jeep.

jeepboy381 said:
The Jeep seats are way more comfortable than the WRX seats and the Jeep is not a car, it is a offroad vehicle.
You're smoking crack, dude. The Sport seats in my XJ are terrible and the WRX seats (different than the ones in your GF's car, that's not a WRX) are super comfy.

The driver's seat in my last XJ was one out of a Laredo and it was great, but the Sport model seats suck.

-----Matt-----

Yeah, sports have horrible seats, they're worthless.

The WRX seats I sat in are just like WRX seats so I am not smoking crack. They look almost identical to the 2.5i seats as well. They are much stiffer than my seats in my 87 & 00 cherokee and I am more comfortable longer in my XJ seats. I have never sat in a XJ Sport model but the seats look the same as my 00's minus leather and the adjustability with the power controls.

If it were me I would sell the WRX seats and buy a set of seats out of a Limited XJ, then everything bolts together and fits perfect!

Back