• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaf pack

waserwolf

NAXJA Forum User
I own 00 XJ with saggin rear leafs, I have searched for info on bastard packs and can't make up my mind which pack I should build with, I am interested in the Bronco II pack, read that this pack will flex better over the s10 pack, also any recommendations on shocks as well as other parts I will need, please post up some pics of bronco II leafs flexing as well as lift height results. Thanks for your time.

plain and simple, the more arch in your leaf pack, the less flex.

I know a lot of guys who build bastard packs and you'll probably just have to play around with different combos to get the desired height you want. the weight of your jeep, the condition of your XJ main leaf, and the condition of the bastard leafs you get all will impact your lift height and flex.

You can use ANY 2.5" spring... I used 1/2T Chevy leafs from a 70's truck (each pack had 9 leafs in it)

My new "bastard" springs ride better then the stockers, but I have to rebuild them and add a shackle because I have a weebit of sag. To get the most out of any spring pack (aftermarket or bastard) you are much better off relocating your shackle hanger so that the angle of your stock mount isn't near verticle. I plan on doing this shortly and using an MJ shackle. Unfortunately my rear is about 2" lower then my front... I get a lot of people flashing their lights at me on the back country roads lol!

Back