• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is someone LYING 2 Me ?

78/xj88

NAXJA Forum User
XJ All Stock

Today i was talked in to buying 27' SSR they told me 30' TSL 9.50 are to big all i read is that 30' will fit is that right? Did this salesman just gave me a song and dance to off load these tires on me i am picking them up at 3pm ET wednesday. I will call in the morn to change this if i need too.... and the tires are the same dam price ? What do you think ? I am willing to trim.... and so on
i like the stock look with MEATY TIRES
HELP

30" should fit but if you have a lot of sag, they may rub a bit when they are tucked in tight. I ran 30x9.5x15's with no lift on mine back in the day with no problem and it was never an issue, the sales guy let me know how large I could go before I even told him what I was looking for. GO GET YOUR 30"s!!!

78/xj88 said:

* IMPORTANT NOTE:
The above tables are only guidelines reflecting popular trends or upgrade combinations. Other combinations are possible.

They are being very safe.

Rich

I do know that a P235 75R-15 will fit most Cherokees with no trimming and no rubbing on stock rims. As far as I know most P235's are roughly 28.9 inches in diameter.

The saleman is doing one of two things.
1. Trying to unload some inventory.
2. Doesn't have a clue about XJ's & fears you coming back with commplaints of rubbing issues.

I am leaning towards #2

rogersjeep said:
Go for the 30"s if they hit or rub then do a budget bost. You'll regret it if you get the 27"s

X2

ia green96 said:
The saleman is doing one of two things.
1. Trying to unload some inventory.
2. Doesn't have a clue about XJ's & fears you coming back with commplaints of rubbing issues.

I am leaning towards #2

X a million

Things like this are why i stopped going to big chains, they always try to push their view on you and try to make it seem like you dont know what your talking about. I order direct now, or through people that know the 4x4 industry.

THANKS EVERYONE
Ya rims 15x7 4.25 bs
all total 868.16
I will get 30's thats my money and thats all i got at the moment till tax stuff comes i cant wait 4 tires thats what happened they just overwhelmed me one guy asked if i wanted a body lift i wanted to slap him i am not an idiot....this is 4wheel parts and the guy told me i cant trim the fenders i must look stupid 2 them ? I know not to cut past the pinch WELDS he said it would fall apart GOD What a joke.

he only knows what his computer tells him, he is a drone, budget boost is cheap if necessary

78/xj88 said:
one guy asked if i wanted a body lift i wanted to slap him
Before I found out that the frame rail at steering box was crushed and bondo'ed over with new under coat, I could not figure out why it had death wobble at 55 mph. Changed control arms, springs, axle, steering linkage, rims, tires, all and still had it. Took to Jack Furrier and guy told me it was the fact that my front springs were so bad, he could turn them by hand. Mind you the jeep is still sitting on the ground. I just left, didn't say a word.

WoW the more i think about this the more i feel stupid for leaving that place but i was so @#%* up by all he was saying i thought he said i had 27' inch tires now and could go 4 2 more inchs of tire... @#%* was i confused i new they were 25's ha man wow then i look at the invoice and it said 27x9.50R15 SSR it was to late now ... got 2 wait till morn to call and then it will take a day or so to fix ......................@#%*N A

Let the manager know when you go back in the morning. Not to get that kid in trouble, but to maybe inspire some more training for the employees.

Since you've already driven on them, you're probably screwed. I hope not, especially since he fed you a line of B.S.

He should be alright becuase it happened today and it was the salesman that had the wrong info.

You should also see if you can get a discount for the lost time spent fixing this problem. Who knows.

No i was picking them up in the morning all i did was pay i have not signed ANYTHING yet !!!!!!!! Used Charge card. They did not have them there they had to get them from Jacksonville so i think i am ok to change my mind and just demand for what i want. Everyone here says they will fit so i say they will fit ROCK ON NAXJA :cheers:

Cool, you're golden then. Post some pictures after they mount 'em.

THANK YOU EVERYONE 4wp is off my list i should just stick to this right here no one here has let me down yet and why would anyone here do that we all have the same goal JEEP 4X4 and thats it. These are ford and chev guys and they all love the mud.........The south i love it here fishing is top notch but a lot of mud......thats why i needed a XJ to get to all those good spot

Glad you liked the info and help, don't forget there's a big membership drive going right now and if you join during march get entered into a drawing to win a co2 tank.

Back