• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Washer Hose

MJCfromCT

NAXJA Forum User
Probably a dumb question, but can you just get any old hose to replace the hose on the rear wiper for the washer fluid? Mine is broke at the bezel. Is there any way to remove the nozzle from the end of the hose, or is this something you have to buy from the dealer?

A small vacumm line will work well. You may have to slit the line to remove the nozzle. I think you mean the one that sprays water on the glass. Not sure but you may need a new arm. I do know that the end where the wiper arm pivots would have to be replaced if the hose connection broke off there. I would check a recycle yard before going to the stealer.

small fuel line... I have no idea of the part number but I found a new nozzle for my arm at auto zone. it clips on to the "square" part of the arm up by the wiper mount. a dollar maybe.

Or if you buy a new wiper arm you get a new everything! :yelclap:

crystalship1 said:
Or if you buy a new wiper arm you get a new everything! :yelclap:

Except the nipple that comes out of the motor moutning arm area on the lift gate.
:twak:

Thanks for the link 89Daytona that is my problem and now I have a fix!

In my case, as far as I can tell, the nipple is fine, its just the hose. Thanks for the link, 89Daytona.

The fuel fitting is a great idea. Just went to my local hobby shop only to find out they shut down.

I just went out to the Jeep, enlarged the hole slightly where the broken nipple is, and stuck in one of those red extender things from a spray can (WD40, etc.), then stuck the hose on that. It works perfectly, and it's free.

dru9 said:
The fuel fitting is a great idea. Just went to my local hobby shop only to find out they shut down.

I just went out to the Jeep, enlarged the hole slightly where the broken nipple is, and stuck in one of those red extender things from a spray can (WD40, etc.), then stuck the hose on that. It works perfectly, and it's free.

i did something similar with a bic pen. i cut a piece from the inside part that holds the ink. drilled out a hole to fit then used some model cement to hold it in place. it lasted about 3 years. now i'm going to use the brass fitting to replace it. ive been looking for a better fix. i was going to try to use some small copper tubing but i like the brass fitting idea. GREAT FIX!

MJCfromCT said:
Probably a dumb question, but can you just get any old hose to replace the hose on the rear wiper for the washer fluid? Mine is broke at the bezel. Is there any way to remove the nozzle from the end of the hose, or is this something you have to buy from the dealer?

The hose is a separate part number, go to the dealer, it can't be very expensive.

If you can't locally find the brass fitting from that link I posted, there are some on Ebay for less than $5 shipped. And the stock hose itself should be a standard vacuum/washer hose size that you can get at any autoparts store (not just the dealer).

Just fixed mine! Jeep Dealer wanted 71 frogskins for a new arm w/ odd sized tubing.
Broke off the nipple on the body side, drilled the left over hole out to 1/8" went to the hobby shop and got 1/8 brass tubing (99 cents) cut off a piece about 3/4" long.....glued it in the hole. Next I took off the tube holder on the arm and pushed in 1/8" vinyl tubing (think fish store or hardware) and reattached it to the arm....pushed ends on the nipples and away you go...2 frogskins tops!

71 dollars!? Who do they think they are? JEEP?

Back