• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel pump

mikeNtucson

NAXJA Forum User
I bought an '87 4.0 jeep 6~ months back. The pump died on it day before I bought it. Died on highway about 2 months later, and is now going out again. What gives? I know nothing about the renix. Both of my HO jeeps had the resistor on the fender, this one don't. I know tons about the HO.

Hmmm.... well I've heard of many people that run w/o the resisitor with no problems but I'd say that if I were you I'd put one back in place.

Maybe someone else will come along and shed some more light for you.

Good Luck!! :cheers:

Some early models didn't have one.

My 87 had no resistor, and neither does my 95. When last seen, the 87 was putting along with its original pump at about 235K miles, and my 95 has 262K on the original pump. The only pump I've ever had to replace was on my stepson's 93, with a resistor.

well it's the 3rd pump I know of. I can feel it going out. Hope it lasts till friday so I can get an other, again. I need to :explosion but it's my dd and have nothing else. Project, is still a project, and wife wont let me take her car.:gonnablow

Back