• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAT: Dishpan Springs 3N34, Sunday March 16

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
From Greg Hoffman (OHV guy w/ SBNF)

We have a very large scale project scheduled for next Sunday, March 16th. We will be clearing A LOT of fallen trees and debris from Dishpan (3N34). This road is rated as a black diamond route for a reason-it's difficult for MOST OHV Enthusiasts to make it through without getting stuck or sustaining serious body damage. Since this is a project, family members are welcome to help us out.

We are planning on meeting at North Shore OHV Work Center (Lake Arrowhead behind Mountains Community Hospital) at 0830. Please bring gloves, water, food and any tools to help the project get done.

Any OHV Volunteers (not Adopt-a-Trail members) who want to drive this route need to be black diamond qualified for this project (some volunteers can be signed off on Sunday contact me).

This is a BIG opportunity for our Volunteers to reopen THE OHV LINK between Lake Arrowhead and Big Pine Flats (Big Bear side) to motorized vehicles.

Please e-mail me at this address to confirm how many people in your group plan to attend. Maybe we can put together a BBQ lunch?!?

This will be a very exciting and rewarding project that will benefit thousands of OHV folks.

Thank you VERY much,

Greg.

I know a lot of people will be at Calico this weekend. I won't be. I plan on going to Lions Memorial on Saturday and this on Sunday.

If you can make this let me know so I can RSVP to Greg.

Thanks for posting this Stephan.

I have been talking to Greg about this. The requirements mentioned mean you must have run Deep Creek and have a vehicle capable.

I want to do this so bad as that has become one of my favorite trails, but we have nieghborhood plans at our house on Sunday.

If anyone can make this and help out, please do! This will help open the trail soon....

I didn't even realize that trail was closed. I might be up for that and would even be able to haul my trailer if you think it might come in handy (don't worry it's been on the Rubicon)--------Hans

Bump

Hans if you are interested in attending can you PM your full name and city. I need to add you to the roster for FS paperwork.

karstic said:
Bump

Hans if you are interested in attending can you PM your full name and city. I need to add you to the roster for FS paperwork.
Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it......I would like to have been able to help out-----------Hans

Hans
Thanks for letting me know.

An email was sent out earlier today with the green light. I'm up in the air. Came down with a head cold today. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

With the help of 48 eager off-road Enthusiasts, we accomplished a big goal yesterday. Working together, we removed over 14 trees obstructing forest road 3N34. As a result of our efforts, 3N34 (Dishpan) from Deep Creek to Crab Flats Campground, is now OPEN to the public!

Despite the blustery, snowy conditions, we banded together and safely completed our projects. We opened the locked gate, removed the closure tape, barricades and once again connected Lake Arrowhead to Big Bear for off-highway vehicle use!!

Special thanks to everyone that pitched in to make this a safe and successful reopening!

Yummy thanks to Rick Roberts and the H1 Psycho Squad for providing hot, Bar-B-cued Tri-Tip, corn on the cob and baked rolls for lunch!! All of this below the infamous Waterfall....Wow!

Thanks again for all that you do as Volunteers!

YOU'RE THE BEST!!!

Sincerely,

Greg.

I hear the Wambulance coming. Karen made it to Ocotillo with a cold
wambulance1.jpg

Back