• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeling tunes?

hollywood32

NAXJA Forum User
I noticed in the Calico thread that Remi listens to Bluegrass while wheelling so I wanted to see what everyone else listens to.

I lean more to towards metal while wheeling and more specifically tunes that have no lyrics like Metallica's orion or Godsmack's Batalla De Los Tambores.

So whats on deck for your 4 wheeling?

I like to wheel with the windows down and no music so I can hear the awful sounds my XJ makes when I pick a bad line.

Other than that it depends on my mood. I have wheeled to classic rock, classical, country, and even jazz/big band on occasion.

I listen to a mix of 60's-70's cowboy music with 80's-90's punk.

i dont listen to much cause the CDs skip when i wheel... and there aint much radio reception where i go :D

gotta get the ol anet hookup for the alpine so i can hook the ipod up.

GrimmJeeper said:
i dont listen to much cause the CDs skip when i wheel... and there aint much radio reception where i go :D

gotta get the ol anet hookup for the alpine so i can hook the ipod up.

If your deck doesn't have a USB port on the front, you're out of date.

I listen to Ratatat or some sort of Hardcore / Metal. But i do like to hear the sounds my XJ makes when i take bad lines too lol.

I like wheeling to AC/DC, Skynyrd, and Zeppelin.

Occasionally though I'll throw on Jimmy Buffett, Journey, or Foreigner just to see the looks I get.

I too need to get off CD's, but I refuse to buy an Ipod.

IslanderOffRoad said:

I thought the same thing, so I bought a Zune. :D

I get most of my stereo stuff from Crutchfield, I just wait until what I want is on sale.

Or you can buy stolen stereos off Craigslist really cheap. :D

IslanderOffRoad said:
I've still havent got this "I refuse to get an ipod" thing that a lot of people do (my roommate for one). Its like, if something works great, has great customer service, has great support, and has a decent price, why would you refuse to buy it? Just cause everyone has one? Ever think why that is? Cause its the best MP3 player period.

my .02

back to our regularly scheduled program. :D

and x2 on craigslist for audio equipment (or ebay)

hollywood32 said:
I noticed in the Calico thread that Remi listens to Bluegrass while wheelling so I wanted to see what everyone else listens to.

I lean more to towards metal while wheeling and more specifically tunes that have no lyrics like Metallica's orion or Godsmack's Batalla De Los Tambores.

So whats on deck for your 4 wheeling?
well let me add to the mix classic rock and old metal ;)

swbooking said:
I've still havent got this "I refuse to get an ipod" thing that a lot of people do (my roommate for one). Its like, if something works great, has great customer service, has great support, and has a decent price, why would you refuse to buy it? Just cause everyone has one? Ever think why that is? Cause its the best MP3 player period.

my .02

I was the same way...couldnt justify the cost of an ipod though I wanted one. Got one for christmas and I love it. Now I constantly listen to it.

Grimm, I have an Alpine and I bought an AiNET cable to stereo RCAs really cheap on amazon. Most stereo shops wanted $99 bucks vs $19 on Amazon.

I like listening to Muse, 311, general metal, techno, Zeppelin, and sometimes switch to the Never Played - playlist.

swbooking said:

my .02

I just don't like apple products. Hey lets make it look pretty, THEN worry about function.

They're overpriced, they control setup sucks, and everyone I know is on their 2nd or 3rd one, not because they upgraded, but because their other one stopped holding a charge and apple woudln't cover it.

djblade311 said:
Grimm, I have an Alpine and I bought an AiNET cable to stereo RCAs really cheap on amazon. Most stereo shops wanted $99 bucks vs $19 on Amazon.

Grimm, if that's the cable you need, I have one in a box in my parents garage, I can try to dig it out here in the next day or so if you want it. I may be able to bring it to Calico if you'll be there.

IslanderOffRoad said:
I just don't like apple products. Hey lets make it look pretty, THEN worry about function.

They're overpriced, they control setup sucks, and everyone I know is on their 2nd or 3rd one, not because they upgraded, but because their other one stopped holding a charge and apple woudln't cover it.
I think the controls are very easy and it functions great and yeah does look good.
FWIW, my first gen's battery did take a dump but that was after having it for like 3 or so years and my ipod video is still going strong after about a year and a half and i use it pretty much everyday.

but to each his own...

swbooking said:

my .02

Heh....not to make an argument out of this but....

I refuse to buy an iPod because it's a system that only performs mildly better if at all than many of the much lower priced competitors, i.e. SanDisk, which holds 32 hours of music and sells for about $60...at least that's what i paid for mine a few years back. I have a thing against the iPhone too, but again, just because it's overpriced junk in my opion. Now mind you, I'm not just against iCrap. I hate all that overpriced junk that increased in value because of popularity and not quality. But I just don't care enough about colors or graphics or what not....I just want it to work. Personal preference, I guess...

But as for what I listen to wheeling, it's usually my CB...I generally have NOFX or Offspring in the stereo, but the volume is so low ya can't hear it anywho.

Talk radio. Usually Sirius Left or NPR.

Back