• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sye question d35

neon bitch

NAXJA Forum User
i have a dana 35 rear axle and iam woundering if i get a sye can i use a front driveshaft out of an auto.

specs are as follows 3.5 to 4 inch lift dana 35 and it is a 1996 with a 231 transfer case

yes iam doing a full sye not a hack and tap the reason i ask is i read some place on line that with a dana 35 you can not use a front drive shaft as it is to short i need to figure this out asap please help guys tahnks. by the way iam going to use the advanced adapters kit they have to part numbers wich one is for me?

dude, this has been covered a billion times. do some searching.

Do you want someone to buy the SYE for you as well? look on www.jeepinoutfitters.com

and the issue isnt so much with with rear axle you have - its what transmission you have

if you have a manual tranny, you'll probably have to source a front shaft out of a ZJ instead of the typical 89-01 AW4 equipped XJ.

If you are set on using an XJ front shaft, you can always take it to a driveline shop and have it lengthened....but I dont know what they charge to do that. Might just be better with a ZJ shaft or a custom shaft from Tom Woods driveshafts

so i have found a front shaft out of a 96 same year as mine so with the advanced adapters sye kit and the front shaft this should bolt right together correct some one has to have tried this or done this please help as iam lost i just want to know if it wrks and yes i do have an automatic tranny

punctuation is your friend. and everyone else's.

the D35 pinion is about an inch shorter than 8.25. It should stil work ok, but you might have to have the d/s lengthened an inch or so. Yes, it will bolt right up!

Back