• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Face lift

NRT_Chris

NAXJA Forum User
Some of you may already know that for the last year i have been trying to restore my grand fathers jeep that he left me when he passed away. He wasnt a "Jeep guy" but he was always interested in what I was doing with my old YJ. Before he died I asked if I could buy it from him. I went with my wife to visit him in the hospital after a surgery he had and he gave me the keys and told me that i could have it as long as i promised to fix it up. A few months later he was gone. I'm almost done, here are some pics of the progress. I still have alot of plans for a cage and some other cool stuff. Ill be updating this thread when i get something cool.

Cherokeelift001.jpg

Cherokeelift007.jpg

chrokeefenders003.jpg

chrokeefenders002.jpg

JEEPATPAINT1.jpg

JEEPATPAINT2.jpg

100_0683.jpg

100_0682.jpg

100_0680.jpg

100_0681.jpg

100_0679.jpg

Nice.. I think Ive seen that thing at a few mdr races.

The header panel sucks bad! Ill be getting a new one after Moab. That one is plastic and got all F'd up. I have had a hard time finding a OEM one for a good price.

Hey Chris, I know where you can get the oem ones for a pretty good deal..hit me up with a PM.

The plastic ones suck dog nuts!

NRT_Chris said:
The header panel sucks bad! Ill be getting a new one after Moab. That one is plastic and got all F'd up. I have had a hard time finding a OEM one for a good price.
Clean out your PM!

Looks good Chris :thumbup:
I'm sure your Grand Father would be blown away on how good it came out.
The late grill is a good touch.

Wish I could find one so I could do a similar upgrade :eyes:

cds36 said:
what year is it ? Its amazing the difference, looks good

Its a 89. I think ill keep this one shiny. I have two others, One is a Jeepsspeed 1719 and the other is a 91 4d that is Straight and stock.

NRT_Chris said:

I like those wheels.. They remind of the old late 70's early 80's CJ5/CJ7 wheels.. Not that those were stock, just cool back then. Not that I remember or was even around.. :shhh:

E

Russ Pottenger said:
The late grill is a good touch.
Wish I could find one so I could do a similar upgrade

yeah, I agree, it looks great. I wonder if the front clip/grill is a direct swap.

Maz said:
yeah, I agree, it looks great. I wonder if the front clip/grill is a direct swap.

It sure is....will run about $350 to do.....but that typically includes all new parts (grills, lights, the panel etc etc etc)

tcm glx said:
It sure is....will run about $350 to do.....but that typically includes all new parts (grills, lights, the panel etc etc etc)
Cool! Looks great, huge turn around. I've ben wanting to do the 97+ front clip for a while, but I have no money and the functional stuff is getting first priority for now. Good to know that its not hugely difficult though, gives me some hope! :D

Back