• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91-95, Cherokee Briarwood spotted

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
Never seen or heard of it as I recall. It was 4.0 HO with 91-95 tail lights, 4x4, with the wood grain decal siding typical of the earlier Wagoneers, what some call a woody, and the chrome tags said Cherokee Briarwood!

What's the story on these?

I have one, a 92. It's just an "upgraded" interior with fake wood. Kind of like a Country with leather. Unless someone knows something I don't.

Mopar500 said:
Unless someone knows something I don't.
The Briarwood was designed and built exclusively for the Royal Windsor family. Only 8 were ever produced, with 5 known to still exist. In addition to the leather interior, the Briarwood featured a sold gold 4.0 engine, and a diamond encrusted steering wheel.

Sizzler said:
the Briarwood featured a solid gold 4.0 engine
I gotta get me one of those!

Mopar500 said:
I have one, a 92. It's just an "upgraded" interior with fake wood. Kind of like a Country with leather. Unless someone knows something I don't.

My 87 Wagoneer has the fake wood interior too. I really like it. Sounds like your the only real expert on the Briarwood here. :doh:

I need to start carrying a camera or cell phone camera with me. The one I saw was still in nice condition on the outside.

there's one running around here.
It's awagoneer without the quad headlamps pretty much.

Yea, more or less what 87manche said. My Sister has a '92 and it's one of the higher end models of those production years. IIRC they also had the Selec-Trac as the standard transfer case.

Back