• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Corbeau seats install. BiG pictures sorry

Snarky

NAXJA Forum User
Installed my Corbeau ultra ss seats, i had to do some fab work to make adapters to fit my seats to the seat brackets. So i thought i would post it so others can see what it takes to make the adapter brackets. It turned out to be very easy.

12-29-07052.jpg

Start off with 1/8" X 1-1/4" angle. I think i used about 10'. I bought 12' at ace hardware.
12-29-07054.jpg

Cut 19" sections and drilled 7/16 holes. this will bolt to the seat. running front to rear, both sides.
12-29-07056.jpg

Notice how they are both pointing the same direction.
12-29-07057.jpg

Notched the angle to go between the rails. These are needed so that a hole can be drilled for the seat bracket.
12-29-07059.jpg

Yay welding is involved
12-29-07060.jpg

Crappy paint
12-29-07061.jpg

adapter mounted to seat bracket
12-29-07062.jpg

Its a tight fit!
12-29-07065.jpg

Tools needed: Drill with 7/16 and 5/16 bit. Round file to enlarge that hole you dident drill exatly in the right place. Hammer and punch to keep drill bit from walking. tape measure to sword fight with. I used a cut off wheel on an angle grinder to cut the angle, you can use anything you want. Flat file to smooth edges of angle. Welder to weld angle togeather. And you will need a 1/2" and 13/16 wrench or socket set. I used bolts that needed a 9/16 endwrench.

Note: you will need a new lap belt/ 5 point harness. The orignal seat belts cannot be reached anymore, too tight of a fit. I think i sit about 1" higher, im around 6'2" and still have plenty of head room. It is a pain to climb in. i have a 4.5 lift and with these bucket seats it makes it difficult to get in. Also these seats are made for a 38" waist and smaller. So no fat chicks!
:viking:

I am satisfied witht the seats. very comfy

Awesome. I have Corbeau A4's in my Mustang and have been thinking about getting some for the Jeep as well. They look great and nice writeup.

DanMan2k06 said:
How are they for long trips? Relaxation and comfort wise?

Sorry, just installed them 6 hours ago. Did a 14 mile test drive and loved them. The test drive was mainly for my t-case issue which i just fixed:
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=944538

They are very comfy, but i dont know what they feel like after an all day off road adventure yet. Sorry

I just installed one of these in my XJ, but I didn't have the ability to weld so I bought the brackets from Corbeau. When I get the matching passenger seat I'll utilize this to keep from spending more money in the future (have a buddy who can weld, and he's showing me how...).

I really want to run these but I'm not ready to install 5points yet, mainly because I can't afford a cage.

anyone run a seatbelt bar behind the seats?

harness and no cage = bad juju

yeah i noticed that the stock xj seat brackets have a lean to them - i guess you compensated but my first time around i didnt and it was very uncomfortable... fyi for all those guys looking to do this with aftermarket seats - 97-01 brackets btw

Ramsey said:
harness and no cage = bad juju

I know, but at the moment what I really want is somewhere comfortable to put my ass that has some side support to keep me in place. I'd love to use the factory belts for now, but this is the 2nd person telling me not gonna happen with this style of seat.

Sigh. I guess I'm gonna have to deal with the 11 hours to moab in the stock seat or buy something temporary.

I drove my factory belts one weekend with my Corbeaus!No problems at all!
0603997-r1-036-16a.jpg

RCP Phx said:
I drove my factory belts one weekend with my Corbeaus!No problems at all!
0603997-r1-036-16a.jpg
Aren't you running Baja SS's? The sides are a bit lower than the ultras. Did the factory belts work well with them?

IslanderOffRoad said:
Aren't you running Baja SS's? The sides are a bit lower than the ultras. Did the factory belts work well with them?
Yes and yes!

so snarky hows the headroom with those seats?

can we see some pics of how you mounted the shifters for the ox lockers?

and those seats look awesome.
I'm definitely thinking now...

Back