• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

local radiator shop

xjjk

NAXJA Forum User
I've been getting HOT issues while at idle. After my little palomar mt. run i forgot to manually turn on the aux fan and let it idle while I reconnected the sway bars. I see fluid pouring out in about 5 mins and when I look at the temp gauge it's near the red. I immediately flipped the fan on and then decided it was better to shut it off. The turtle had sprouted two pin holes in it and I managed to duct tape it well enough to get home from temecula. In the morning I went to pick a part and pulled an overflow from a 90s chrysler boat, one with the real radiator cap. The plumbing on the upper hose was iffy because it's only a 3/8" ID hose and I had to rig a 1/2" hose to fit, then force the other end over the 5/8" OEM fittings. Anyway, it'll hold until I find the right adapters. I think I've got air in the block still because it's doing weird heat peaking (220) and diving (180) stuff intermittently. I parked it with the back wheels on ramps yesterday and this am the overflow was empty... maybe all the way empty, couldn't tell because it was too dark.

Now to the point: I noticed a lot of rust in the lines, and I'm pretty sure the radiator is original after 220,000 miles. My receipts show a flush in 1993 and nothing else. Anyone know a good local shop before I go the online route and pick one up? I like to try to support the little guys, within reason $ wise.

I've used Pacific Radiator in Glendale for years and am happy with their service and quality of work. It's not too local to you.

oh yeah...I've been to them too. I guess I should specify- I'm looking for a good local place to buy a new radiator. I don't need anyone to put it in for me.

bassthumb said:
oh yeah...I've been to them too. I guess I should specify- I'm looking for a good local place to buy a new radiator. I don't need anyone to put it in for me.

Contact GERR he can get them brand new pretty quick OEM too!

I did radiator.com ordered it around 11am on a Saturday, ran to Home Depot, came back around 1pm with a radiator sitting on my doorstep. I think their number is 1-800-rad-iator can't be sure though. If you're 90 or earlier, order a 91 radiator and do the open system swap.

Erik- I'd like to upgrade from OEM.

Mark-
SAME DAY? DAYUM!
I'll check them out.
I'm going to stay closed for the time being. I think the dodge bottle w/the regular cap is a good design, and I don't feel like moving temp sensors around etc just yet.
thanks.

I've done the 1-800-radiator.

Tell them what you want and they will bring it - GDI three row, etc.

If they don't have it or will take longer to get it - they will tell you when they can get it to you.

bburge

I bought a 3 row CSF from www.radiatorbarn.com for my '96 about 3 years ago it cost me about $170 shipped (best price I could find). I also installed a new fan clutch and a 195* high flow stat at the time....it'll idle all day long and stay at thermostat temp, no problem! I also pulled the Baker grade (HWY 15) in the heat of summer with the A/C full blast! You could, however, try Arrow Radiator in Irwindale (sorry, don't have the address handy) they've been around for a million years and the old man that runs the place (looks like Santa Clause) does pretty good work.......and not too far from you ;) Oh, yeah.....I do run a pretty good trans cooler, though----------Hans

i ended up getting a 2 row all metal csf from radiator.com for 140 at my door. I figure that'll do me. my fan barely spins when cold so I think it's pretty good....or is it? It feels the same when it's hot, too. Hmmm...

thanks guys!

Last edited:
Back