• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FUEL SEDING UNIT CHANGE OVER

NV91XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I HAVE A 91 XJ AND MY GAS GAGE WORKS PART TIME AN NOT VERY WELL. SO THE OTHER DAY I WAS GIVEN A COMPLETE FUEL PUMP SENDING UNIT OUT OF A 96 XJ I HAVE NOT TAKEIN MINE APART YET DUE TO A FULL TANK OF GAS. THE DIFFRENTS OF THE TWO SO FAR IS THE WIREING HARNESS CAN I USE THE 96 OR ADAPT IT TO WORK BY TAKEING IT APART OR SPLICEING IT TOGETHER.I KNOW THEY ARE NOT CHEEP ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANKS.

although with enough time, energy, and effort, anything can be done, I don't see any easy adaptation between the two. Since the tanks changed between the two years, even if you got it to fit. the float would not read the correct level in a different shaped tank.

I'd wait 'til your tank was about empty and try cleaning the electrical contacts on your float with some acetone and hope for the best with the one you've got.

Back