• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

boy did i mess up

thebluebuffalo

NAXJA Forum User
i damn near ripped off the bracket for my lower control arm on the passenger side of the axle. it's still attached for the time being. has this every happened to someone on here? how did you beef up the brackets so it wouldn't happed again? i've got pics, as soon as i can find my usb i'll post. thanks.

Yep, I have bent, ground, beaten mine on the rocks. I made my own 1/4" skids for them that have saved them so far.

Here is what I did, ignore the fugly welds, I don't weld good upside down! But they have held up just fine.

lcaskid1vu0.jpg

lcaskid2jp0.jpg

Last edited:
since i have to weld a new bracket on the axle i was thinking about reinforcing the 8.25. what do you guys think? where are the weak spots in the axle housing itself? what should i do?

thebluebuffalo said:
since i have to weld a new bracket on the axle i was thinking about reinforcing the 8.25. what do you guys think? where are the weak spots in the axle housing itself? what should i do?

truss it.

Yep, The D30 I bought recently has some good battle scars and it has the little skid plates on the brackets. I took these before pictures. You can see that one side was completely re-welded in place.

I have already straightened out the brackets. Next I will grid down and clean up the existing welds and re-weld as needed. I plan to weld washers on the outside of the brackets, fill in the existing holes on the inside, grind smooth and drill the mounting holes to the correct size. They are oval shaped and pretty worn out right now.
P3090100.jpg

P3090101.jpg

P3090102.jpg

got pics of any d30's trussed out?

mine's fairly bent, anyone make bolt on skids for these?

well here it is. i will post pics of the repair hopfully tomorrow.

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01136.jpg

DSC01135.jpg

DSC01134.jpg

here is the repair, i plan on doing the other side and truss it in a couple of weeks.

DSC01150.jpg

DSC01149.jpg

DSC01148.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

Indertdxj said:
I think that welding something like the mini skids on means that you are still relying on the strength of the stock LCA mounts.

nope the strength is alot better because the weld on skids box the mounts,tying the whole mount together.I myself and alot of people that do this weld the inside of the lca bracket (jeep didn't fully weld on the inside) before welding on the skids to give even greater strength.

Bluebuffalo:Looks better!!! But why not weld the top of the skids also??Wire isn't that expensive,lol.
BTW what the hell did you hit?

Last edited:
lowrange2 said:
Looks nice. I boxed mine in not too long ago. They seem MUCH stonger.

Run out of paint?

time = ........... i will prime and paint it this coming weekend.

how did you manage to bend it that bad? i rolled my old jeep 3 times and bent both mounts and it wasnt that bad. great fix. looks like the rough country arms.

Back