• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ABS harness removal

2lazy2p

NAXJA Forum User
I finished my brake conversion and am getting around to removing the old ABS system harness and components out of the cabin. I am down to removing the harness. It looks like the easiest thing to do is cut the harness on either side of the firewall to remove it, I have no intention of ever using it and I do not see a great market for it out there. Are there any better ideas, thanks.

Still waiting for a reply, I've been busy so no action yet, got to be out of town so I'll wait for a while, but if no body has any better ideas I'm gonna cut the scratchers out. My surgeon buddy says "A chance to cut is a chance to cure".

Too late, I cut the sumbiatch, replaced the rubber grommet after plugging the hole with nut,bolt and washer. I got a bunch of wire and connectors left. Off on next phase.

I just unplugged my abs light and took out the fuses after my d44 swap and dont feel the need to remove the harness but more power to my xj bretheren

I just unplugged my ABS sensor cables under the rear seat, unclipped everything from the axle and took out the ABS sensor in the rear wheels. My front ones are still intact, but it's the same story, no need to cut anything, just unplug and remove.

gorman said:
I just unplugged my ABS sensor cables under the rear seat, unclipped everything from the axle and took out the ABS sensor in the rear wheels. My front ones are still intact, but it's the same story, no need to cut anything, just unplug and remove.

Thanks Gorman! I'll be doing this soon. My axles that are going in are non ABS and I hate all that wire hangigng down under there, gotta clean it up!

The rears are under the rear seat, where is the best place to terminate the fronts?

For the front ones - just follow the wire from the caliper through the body into the engine compartment. You'll see where it plugs into the wiring loom - just unplug there and remove.

gorman said:
For the front ones - just follow the wire from the caliper through the body into the engine compartment. You'll see where it plugs into the wiring loom - just unplug there and remove.

Found it! Thanks again.

I like Gorman's work, however I have removed seats, floorboard,etc, essentially stripped out interior to upgrade and prepare for liner and cage, seat replacements. So I wanted to get rid of ALL unnecessary cluttery wires in the cabin. It's gone now. I just hope every thing works when I fire it up.

2lazy2p said:
I like Gorman's work, however I have removed seats, floorboard,etc, essentially stripped out interior to upgrade and prepare for liner and cage, seat replacements. So I wanted to get rid of ALL unnecessary cluttery wires in the cabin. It's gone now. I just hope every thing works when I fire it up.

I plan on removing my carpet as well, this is a trail rig only, post up with the results when its done.

xjtrailrider said:
Thanks Gorman! I'll be doing this soon. My axles that are going in are non ABS and I hate all that wire hangigng down under there, gotta clean it up!

The rears are under the rear seat, where is the best place to terminate the fronts?

A D44 can be modified for ABS.

Back