• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i need a xjcomputer

I have one from a 1987 4.0 AW4 231 Jeep cherokee I am pulling apart... which computer do you need Transmission Computer, or the engine computer

Are you sure the computer died? (pretty rare. So far only 2 out of 1,000 or so Renix rigs I have worked on/heard of have done it and they were water logged!) The CPS may be dead if you have no spark.

Yeah, the RENIX computer is pretty sturdy. I've only heard of a couple failures (I've got one...) and they were due to blown injector drivers.

What are your symptoms?

ShadowsRayne - if arkansasduck doesn't need the thing, I'd like to talk to you about getting the control electronics for my own experiments and projects...

5-90

Mainly, I'm interested in engine control electronics, and if you're going to cut up the harness anyhow (I'm not sure if you are or not...) I'd like to get 12-18" "tails" for all the control modules as well, and any sensor that is NOT a Delphi Weatherpack connector..

All this to reverse engineer a system that is out of production, but no-one wants to part with information on...

5-90

ya i my jeep is a 89 and i will be driving down the interstate and i will louse power to the motor sometimes i can just start it up and it will be fine but other times i have to pull over and let it sit for a while and it starts fine everyone keeps saying cps but i dont know please help!!!!!!!!!!!

in many cases, xj drivers have been able to get a little more life out of the cps by simply disconnecting and reconnecting the plug up near the intake manifold. if you do that, and it starts up right away, my money is on the cps.

thats what im goin through..just got new comp this am, and its doin the same thing my old comp was last week..im lost..a reman at advance auto costs $98 with a core charge

Back