• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leak

imthehink

NAXJA Forum User
Cannot tell where it is exactly where it is coming from. It pretty much leaks in just that area. I've cleaned and wiped everything down to get a better idea but still can't tell. It looks and smells like power steering fluid. Ideas?
download-2.jpg

imthehink said:
Cannot tell where it is exactly where it is coming from. It pretty much leaks in just that area. I've cleaned and wiped everything down to get a better idea but still can't tell. It looks and smells like power steering fluid. Ideas?

Check the compression nut ontop of the radiator on the driver side; it may be the compression nut to the transmission cooler. I have the same leak.

I know you said T Fluid, but looks like a PS fluid leak I had once. The plastic fitting that went into the PS Pump Reservoir had a hairline crack. (Which I caused while pounding a motor mount bolt into shape :D )

Ok, I just cleaned everything again and drove for about 10 minutes. I found it. The t fluid is leaking from this crimp on this hose: What's the part name and where can I get it? Thanks
download-3.jpg

imthehink said:
Update: It was the power steering line. I replaced it. Leak solved. Now i have no power steering. Help lol
Is there enough ps fluid in the resevoir? Did you keep purging the air by going from lock to lock with the steering wheel?

Back