• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help in the evenings this week

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

I need to do a few things to my Jeep to get ready for Calico. If it does not get done, I will have to take the wife's TJ.

Here is what needs to get done:

remove header - I will take it to Banks in person for fix or replacement
replace power steering gear box
install C-Rok plate
adjust front axle pinion angle
align front end
Install front driveshaft
install t-case skid
check fluids
check nuts/bolts
lube

and that's it.

My biggest concern is the exhaust and powersteering box

Exhaust just take a long time to remove.

I have never replaced a steering gear box before

I will be working on it Mon, Tue, and Wed evenings. I will start around 6:00 each night, but can be flexible.

If anyone has a day off during the week and would like to help, let me know. I am doing some painting in a neighbors house to make some money and will need to schedule around it.

I will take any help or advice I can get.

I can provide some drinks and pizza, tacos, or burgers... something different each night.

The address is 25251 Arder Court, Lake Forest, 92630.

My cell # is 714-319-7135

Thanks in advance.

Hey Robert! It doesn't look like I'm going to make it to Grimm's party today...so I'm probably gonna finish up on my Jeep today, but I'm only working monday and tuesday of next week, so I have Wed, Thu, Fri to finish up last minute details. I'd be happy to give you a hand any or all of those days....though to save gas, I may pitch a tent in yer back yard....just remember to turn off the sprinklers. =)

Michael

SanDiegoXJ said:
Hey Robert! It doesn't look like I'm going to make it to Grimm's party today...so I'm probably gonna finish up on my Jeep today, but I'm only working monday and tuesday of next week, so I have Wed, Thu, Fri to finish up last minute details. I'd be happy to give you a hand any or all of those days....though to save gas, I may pitch a tent in yer back yard....just remember to turn off the sprinklers. =)

Michael

I am not making the party either. My son is sick with stomache issue, not pretty.

Cool, but no pitching tent around me... LOL

We have a spare room you can crash in. I have school on Thursday night, but you are still welcome to come up.

Let's talk on Wed to see where I stand. I truly appreciate it.

Thanks!

No worries...also, I used to be a professional painter, so if you need help with the house, I work for food. =) (of course it's been a while, so I doubt my hand is quite so steady)

Robert I'm going to start calling you last minute Prater from now on:D

Sorry I can't make it down there but your more than welcome to bring it to HB & I will help you. Doing some work on Cal's junk this week but it's no huge rush, one more Jeep in my driveway won't hurt. Your exhust leak goes away once it warm so run it! The rest is pretty easy stuff..

rpraterxj said:
Hey gang,

I need to do a few things to my Jeep to get ready for Calico. If it does not get done, I will have to take the wife's TJ.

Here is what needs to get done:

remove header - I will take it to Banks in person for fix or replacement
replace power steering gear box
install C-Rok plate
adjust front axle pinion angle
align front end
Install front driveshaft
install t-case skid
check fluids
check nuts/bolts
lube

and that's it.

My biggest concern is the exhaust and powersteering box

Exhaust just take a long time to remove.

I have never replaced a steering gear box before

I will be working on it Mon, Tue, and Wed evenings. I will start around 6:00 each night, but can be flexible.

If anyone has a day off during the week and would like to help, let me know. I am doing some painting in a neighbors house to make some money and will need to schedule around it.

I will take any help or advice I can get.

I can provide some drinks and pizza, tacos, or burgers... something different each night.

The address is 25251 Arder Court, Lake Forest, 92630.

My cell # is 714-319-7135

Thanks in advance.

hellbilly04 said:
Robert I'm going to start calling you last minute Prater from now on:D..

LOL... Nah, maybe Procrastinator Prater... I have been putting this off for so long. I may push it back a little longer.

I do need to check a few things out, but I can live with the exhaust leak. I am concerned about the power steering.

I am planning getting out there in a few minutes, btu I am exhausted. I painted all day and my shoulders are killing me....

But like I said, I WILL be at Calico on Saturday!

Well if I wasn't so slammed at work and getting ready to head out of town this weekend.. I would come down and help you with what I can.. But sorry man maybe next week..

SanDiegoXJ said:
I can come up early wednesday....we should be able to bang most that out in a day I'd think.

That sounds like a plan. You are welcome to crash here if you want.

Clean-RC said:
Well if I wasn't so slammed at work and getting ready to head out of town this weekend.. I would come down and help you with what I can.. But sorry man maybe next week..

Hey Scott, I appreciate it.

We got to hook-up for lunch soon, maybe next week?...

Back