• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME coils A & B

i cant get a hold of my buddie,we did his recently. i think(sorry) a is drivers and b is pass,the difference is that one coil is stronger (dont know the term)to compensate for the weight of the driver(you most often drive with out passenger)
hope it helps,
dave

p.s. search,now that i think of it this has been already covered on here!

85xjproject said:
i cant get a hold of my buddie,we did his recently. i think(sorry) a is drivers and b is pass,the difference is that one coil is stronger (dont know the term)to compensate for the weight of the driver(you most often drive with out passenger)
hope it helps,
dave

p.s. search,now that i think of it this has been already covered on here!

i searched but came up empty. i do get some results that are saying coils are side specific with + and - or have a tag on it that says DS or PS. Mine are A and B and i can't find any info on that.

darn,well if worst comes to worst,try to reach the company who sold em to ya,or check there web site

are they both exactly the same size?

if not, the taller one goes on driver side...

The B spring should be taller. IIRC, its like this b/c OME is made in Australia, and down there, they are RHD. So down there, A goes on their drivers side (right side, OUR passenger side), and B goes on their passenger side (left side, OUR drivers side)

I hope this makes sense...

or I could be completely wrong. either way, the taller spring definitely goes on YOUR drivers front.

The OME A & B springs have the same spring rate, but the A springs are just a little longer - these are fitted on the driver's side (i.e. in the US on the left and in AUS, South Africa and UK on the right). Same goes for the rear leafs.

JNickel101 said:
are they both exactly the same size?

if not, the taller one goes on driver side...

The B spring should be taller. IIRC, its like this b/c OME is made in Australia, and down there, they are RHD. So down there, A goes on their drivers side (right side, OUR passenger side), and B goes on their passenger side (left side, OUR drivers side)

I hope this makes sense...

or I could be completely wrong. either way, the taller spring definitely goes on YOUR drivers front.

A's about 1/8" taller and i stuck that on the driver's side. I posted this in another forum and most were saying A goes on driver's side.

ahh,forgot about the measurements,thanks guys!happ y you got it figured out
:party:

My OME HD springs were not marked, I just put them on and it worked out. I have heard that they are side specific but mine were identicle and I have ACOS so I was not too worried about it.

ARB USA is very good about answering tech questions about their products--whether new or used. I had this exact question and their tech said that the A coil is slightly longer and USUALLY goes on the driver's side, unless there was, for some reason, more weight on the passenger's side.

When in doubt about an ARB product, call 'em.

mecompco said:
ARB USA is very good about answering tech questions about their products--whether new or used. I had this exact question and their tech said that the A coil is slightly longer and USUALLY goes on the driver's side, unless there was, for some reason, more weight on the passenger's side.

When in doubt about an ARB product, call 'em.

Well i tried but since it was sunday, no one answered. I needed them installed today so i went to the next best source, our loving jeep forums :) It's all good now.

Now for the rear.....

for the rear the taller spring (if there is one) goes on the passenger side :)

Back