• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i cant get my alternater out

iaml3lue

NAXJA Forum User
My alternator went the other day, an I cant seem to get it to drop out of the truck. Is there some trick cause i have flipped it 180 in trying to get it out. I've tried going threw the top an bottom. It looks like if i remove the fan i can get it out but i don't wanna remove anything i don't have to.
My second question, if i remove the fan an replace it with a electric fan will it be beneficial to me.
An while I'm replacing the alternator what else should i replaced. I'm gonna be running a total of 6 aux lights an a winch in the near future so is there a upgraded alternator that i should get. Well that all the questions I've got for now. thanks for reading
-tom

I didnt want to take the bracket off, So put a highlift against the valvecover and the fenderwell, pushed the motor over the inch I needed to snatch the alt out.

I just took out the battery and went at it from the top.

Kinda like a rubix cube, just gotta figure out the right angle to get it to pull out of there.

it will go out the bottom, i thnk i ended romoving the bracket to put it back in.
but it will go in the top too. like said above you have to turn it just the right way(battery out of course...)

I removed my alternator through the bottom when i was wheeling and i was in dirt and 1am. haha fun fun. I remember just taking 2 bolts out or 3 and it droped out. Their is a bracket but i dont recall removing it. I might have just cant remember.

MoparManiac said:
I just took out the battery and went at it from the top.

Kinda like a rubix cube, just gotta figure out the right angle to get it to pull out of there.

I had to replace mine in a parking lot at midnight once.

I took the battery and battery tray out, and I was able to finangle it enough from the top so I could get it out through the bottom.

Back