• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front End Questions

brandonmcnulty

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone. I have an 89 Comanche 4x4 with the 4.0. I recently lifted the front end exactly 4 inches. And now it looks like the pitman arm is pulling out of the bottom of the gear box, or if its not pulling out it is leaking very good now. I can get ahold of a new one but should i get a drop pitman arm? if so where would i get ahold of one. I have kinda looked around and never saw one for sale. Also i need a new tracbar, is the adjustable one off JCWhitney any good, has any one had any contact with these before. And one last question. On my lower control arms, is there someplace that makes the drop down bracket so i can get them things level again? thanks for all your help

Brandon McNulty

I have 5" of lift on my MJ's front (rear is SOA to match) with new lower arms and adjustable tracbar. Nothing else and I've been a Road Warrior / Weekend hero with it for 3 years. I suggest a steering box brace tho.

The tracbar i have been lookin at on JCW is only 69 bucks so if someone would think that would work for me it would save me some dough. Its the only tracbar that comes up if you type tracbar in the search box. Also does anyone know about those drops for the lower control arms to get them back where they are supposed to be? It sure seems like i would need a drop pitman arm considering its 4 inches higher than stock. somthin sure has to have some pressure on it. any feedback is appreciated
Brandon

Ok so does anyone here know whether or not i would need an adjustable tracbar or not? i found a used one on ebay for 5 bucks. I know for sure mine is bad im just wanting to know if i need an adjustable one or not.

Back