• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gauges

yes. just get the oil pressure sending unit, and temperature sending unit. the rest of the provisions are there for it already.

oh yeah, computer operated.

you can have the mileage changed at a dealer, but hold onto your old cluster...you will need the mileage as proof. also take a picture of the exact mileage on it, and record that too. just so the dealership doesn't have any liability when changing it (it's illegal to change odometer readings to read lower than actual mileage of the vehicle. actually, odometer readings being changed at all is illegal but who's gonna penalize you for going higher?)

$75 to $250 to have a dealer or speedo shop do it. I had mine done and I wish that I wouldn't have tried to do it right. The dealer put my new one at 85,000 when in fact the old one had 129,000. Problem is you don't know what they set it at until you install it if it is a digital (97+). So instead of taking it out and going back I took pictures of the new one and noted the change on my paperwork. Any repair shop can see your true mileage when they plug into the service plug under the dash.

GRWHITE said:
The dealer put my new one at 85,000 when in fact the old one had 129,000. Problem is you don't know what they set it at until you install it if it is a digital (97+).

I'd of hauled that bad boy back. If that was their mistake, sounds like it, you bet they'd be fixing it for free. Especially since it doesn't cost them anything to change it in the first place.

its pretty retarded how much they charge to change the odo, especially on the electronic ones considering all they have to do is pull the cluster off plug their tool into the port and reflash it. I was lucky, I found one for my 97 that was in good shape and only had ~4k more miles than my jeep... only 200 miles left to go before I can install it :clap:

Back