• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone run one of these?

Air tools would work wonderfull for about 6 seconds. I have the bigger Vair450 and it sucks. Takes about 20 minutes plus to air up my 35's from 12 to 25 psi.

For that price you can get a co2 setup which will work wonderful for airtools and airing up tires. I got a 20# tank, it costs about 18$ to fill up and last quite a while.

I have the viair constant duty kit and it is awesome fills 33's from completely empty to 30psi in less than a minute but powering a impact is just ok on a whole I would fully recommend buying it to anyone

I went with the cheapie comes in a plastic box battery jumper leads compressor from Harbour Freight. It's about four, five minutes per tire from 10 psi to 30, and it gets damn hot after the first tire. it works though, it was cheap, and it doesn't eliminate my A/C like converting the pump would do.

That said, if and when it goes tits-up, I'll look into one of the portable refillable tank units. Much faster, just a bigger unit to store in the back with all of the tools, jack, cooler and recovery gear.

so what about a 10lb co2 bottle? how long would that last for air tools like an impact or just airing tires? Are the adjustable regulators needed or is a fixed regulator ok? Sorry for hijack

I have an adjustable but I usually leave it around 140psi. I'd say a 10# will last about half as long as the 20# :D It's not much more and it isn't too big to store, I'd go with a 20. You'll wish you had when you're on the trail and your 10 pounder runs out.

Low Range said:
Old school here ,still use the hand pumper upper. It works, just cant be in the hurry to get back to work the next week :greensmok
Yikes,fixed it for you!!

Back