• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You guys with D44 fronts

XJOFFROAD

NAXJA Forum User
I'm helping a buddy put a waggy 44 under his xj. I have a hp44 under mine and I dont run a sway bar because its a trailer queen. My buddies will see very little time on the road, when I say little I maybe a day a week. Should I weld on some tabs for his swaybar tomorrow or should we leave it off? Thoughts............

My buddy Horus has a ZJ with a d44 with no swaybar. I think he is getting used to it. It's also a dd

I'd be a little leery of no swaybar on a DD, on a trail rig not so much. The thing about the sway bar is it helps prevent excessive roll, something you may encounter more frequently on a DD being out and about in traffic everyday. Just make sure the alignment is dialed in well and drive it carefully, should be okay.

The mounts are pretty easy to make and weld on the axle why not just do it. I can't stand driving on the street without a swaybar. It will be much nicer to drive on the road with a swaybar even if it only is 1 day a week.

jeepboy381 said:
The mounts are pretty easy to make and weld on the axle why not just do it. I can't stand driving on the street without a swaybar. It will be much nicer to drive on the road with a swaybar even if it only is 1 day a week.

X2

It would really be a bummer to Roll at high speed on the Freeway because someone cut you off and you tried to avoid it... add a little excessive lean.. a little over steer in the heat of the moment..:doh:

I would prefer he had a sway bar if we were driving on the same roads.

Back