• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Opinions on paint

Tommy4949

NAXJA Forum User
I have to fix a bunch of rust and instead of red with grey/off-color splotches, I want to repaint the entire thing. Keep in mind I photoshopped a dirty ass Jeep, so it doesn't look as good as it will when clean and freshly painted. If you have an idea of a different color, please let me know. I want something that is non-factory and uncommon. I would like as many opinions as I can get, so please let me know, thanks.

Original
SANY0584-1.jpg

Colors
SANY0584_black.jpg

SANY0584_green.jpg

SANY0584_orange.jpg

dark brown and then a orange like #3 , well thats what i'm gonna end up doing with mine hehe.

but yeah i'm in favor of 3 , but don;t do the trim in orange you need speration form the black tires and stuff.

i'm going with a dark brown base and a then mayeb a big fat orange racing strip of center with a tan/cream seperating the orange from brown, my friend does custom body paint i can't wait till i get done lifting and fixing the ruster i just bought

Last edited:
My trail rig is in the process of getting painted the burnt orange from the top body line up, and having GatorHyde (like Rhino liner, but better) applied from that body line down. For the love of God, please dont paint it #2 unless you have some kind of anti-seizure drugs to hand out to small childern and the elderly. :D

I recently saw one painted like the General Lee from the dukes of hazard, looked pretty sweet

Rollow said:
oh and if you really want something unique....hot pink. Im sure it would be one of a kind (or at least a few) j/k

I did do this one really quick for my little girl. You should have seen her eyes light up when it popped up on the screen...

SANY0584_gay_rainbow.jpg

Canary yellow. I know it is not one of the choices, but I saw one on here once and man it looked good. Not only that but you dont see verry many like that. Just my opinion

:wow:

I like the orange but I would go with a burnt orange rather then a bright orange

#3...but make sure it's more of a copper/burnt orange rather than orangey-orange. And I'd paint the extreme lower portion (the trim line and down) black.

Don't know where you wheel or if you are planning a gloss or clear coat but one thing i did and have never regreted was painting mine with a military light (sand) brown. It is actually an epoxy coating it is flat with no shine at all but I'm telling you it cannot be scratched, after all the trails and branches I have encountered it still looks great... just a thought.

2. my cousin has a Charger that is sprite/lime/neon green and i LOVE it. if you want something that stands out then that is definitely it. The orange/brown may seem like a stock color to those who don't know any better...

Back