• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Billy Rails Installed

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
Got me some billy rails first I attached the legs.
[[
billyrails001.jpg

prepped the frame
billyrails003.jpg

Notched the pinch seam
billyrails002.jpg

And whala
billyrails005.jpg

I've been very lucky not to have beaten up the rockers, It'll be nice to not have to worry about every rock I drive over.

I opted for the weld on type, legs are welded directly to the body, and stich welded along the pinch seam. Figured I spent almost 400 on a welder might as well get some use out of it. As for cost I got these in trade.

Lookin' good, Paul! Too bad you gotta deploy before you getta use 'em. =(

But hey, at least I should have my crap fixed by the time you get back, so I'll go with ya as soon as ya return! =)

Looks great! I think we will be seeing more Billy Bars around the Southland...

looks great man:)!

Yeah, paint those things quick, especially living in San Diego...with the cloudy misty mornings, they will start to rust up reallly quick!

Bill installed mine today, did a great job and they look great. He also installed my JKS miniskids, so I should be ready to tear my Jeep up again one of these weekends.

When I got home I wiped them down with a cloth soaked in MEK and hit them with some Rustoleum Hammered Black, they look awesome!

TCM GLX, I'm borrowing your sig promotion idea. :D

Looks good. Let's take them out and drop them on something to test them. :) I know just the rock at coral canyon.

Back