• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'91 wipers beat themselves against the frame

Anybody else run into this. Both of my 1991 cherokees tend to smack the windshield frame at the bottom with their wipers after a few wipes. They do it really hard too. I pulled the service panel and all the linkages seem to be pretty tight. Kinda weird.

sometimes they do it and sometimes they dont

my 91 wipers stay away from the bottom usually by three inches or so....they also tend to be a bit lazy at times too(slow).

yea, I tried that on my first truck. Actually adjusted them as far as they would go without interfering. It is only the passenger's side that does it, and part of the problem is that you cannot adjust the drivers side much or it hits the side of the windshield...

My 98 does the same thing; passenger's side hits the bottom, and driver's side hits the side of the window (over travels at the side of the window).

It only does this when the window is wet, I guess due to the water acting as a lubricant.

It would be nice to come up with a solution to this one.

My '93 does the same thing, but only when the wipers are on high. I live in Arizona and don't have to put them on high very often, so I just live with it. Good luck.

My 91 does it too. If I turn on a bunch of accessories the power drain is enough to keep it from happening. Like if the rear defrost and headlights are on it will still happen, but when I put on the brakes at a red light then it stops hitting.

Shorter blades are the fix I think.

Agreed. Worn-out plastic(stupid design, anyway) bushings are the number 1 cause of this problem. ust make sure to use the correct bushings, as the kit services several different styles.

Back