• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil seal for non-disconnect axle swap?

Gascan340

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched and have a little question related to swapping in a non-disconnect front axle shaft into a disconnect axle. I was wondering if you can get that oil seal a local auto parts store.

so many possibilies! measure the i.d. of the axle tube, and the o'd of the axleshaft, take these numbers to your parts store and order one, crappy part is it might take your truck out of commision for a few days.

The only problem with that would be that i need the seal from the other jx and not my axle. Thats way I was hoping to talk to someone that has done the swap before.

sorry, I don't follow, you want to put a axle shaft from a non disco into a dico housing right? measure the i.d from the dico housing, measure the o'd of your axleshaft, take these measurements to your parts person and ask for a seal in those dimensions eg: (2.01"x1.26"x0.25). I did this same swap :
alloy usa axles into a 1988 disco housing. There is no application for this just go by measurement

this may also help: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=932762&highlight=axle+seal

Last edited:
Back